Wisdom is a combination of knowledge and experience!
Never try closing when the client is at a negative or a passionate “NO”. It usually leads to anger, and the exit!
A Decision Maker in a big company will probably know all of the tricks themselves and can see closing techniques coming. One of my biggest pet peeves is a sales person trying extremely clumsy closing techniques on me after they find out what I do for a living. If someone you’re trying to sell is obviously a seasoned sales professional, just be straight and direct. They will appreciate the respect, and give you what you need to get to the close ASAP.
1. You’re not in the sales business, you’re in the people business.
2. What the customer wants to buy is more important than what you want to sell.
3. Clients buy personal benefits. This is true for both Business and Personal purchases.
4. You have two ears, one mouth. Listen twice as much as you speak.
5. Trust your own instincts. Trust your gut; if you’ve developed your gut feeling through experience.
6. Always give them more value than they expected; they’ll never forget it.
7. It’s not that hard, really!
Roy “Will” Wilhite